Monday, February 9, 2009

Toy Recommendations: 1 to 2 years

Here is a list of toy recommendations for the second year. Again mostly based on what R liked.

Puzzles:

Shapes Puzzle : I got this one to introduce R to puzzles. He loved it and mastered it very soon as well.

Numbers Peg Puzzle : I got this one along with the Shapes Puzzle and R loved it.

Alphabet Peg Puzzle : I got this when R was 20 months old. He did not like it in the beginning - I guess he was overwhelmed by it. However, after a couple of months he was able to do many of the letters and by 2 he could do the whole thing. The pegs are really nice for the little ones. Note the pieces are small so there needs to be a lot of monitoring when the kid is playing with it.

First Lego Set : Loads of fun for those lazy weekends.

Thomas the Train Beginner Train Set : A good first train set.

Doodle Board : We started off by getting a small doodle board (the one used for travel). R loved the concept and used to spend a lot of time playing with it. We eventually got a big board to satisfy his curiosity.

Little Tikes Sports Center : We got this as a gift and it has been a fun toy - especially for a lot of older kids that come home.

ABC Building Blocks
or this : Great toy - absolutely worth the price. I got it for $10 when it was on sale.

Beads : I got this from the Lakeshore Learning Store and it is a fun activity for the kids. The only painful thing was the small beads which were all around the house !

2 comments:

  1. What about books? The rhyming ones? The edible (well, chewable) ones ? The Leapfrog ones, which you can change as the kid grows older ?

    - C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming soon ! I already have a post half composed on books :)

    ReplyDelete