Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Are you happy, Mommy ?
Today I had a very interesting conversation with R. We have been potty training R this week. I had been tired because of our numerous bathroom trips. R sensed something was wrong and during one of our trips asked me: "Are you happy, Mommy ?". I was a little surprised at the question and just responded "No, I am not happy". I figured he was just saying one of the phrases that he picked up at the daycare. However, he immediately said "Please don't be sad, Mommy. Please don't be sad, Mommy. I will do my poo-poo and pee-pee on the potty, Mommy. Please be happy, Mommy". My heart melted and I just gave him a hug. He cheered up immediately and declared "Mommy is happy !". The conversation was enough to take me through the rest of the day :). It is truely amazing at how kids sense and pick up these things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment