Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Celebration

Up until now I never did anything special on Father's day. However, since this year was special for us (R turned 3 and we got our little bundle of joy N) I thought it would be fun to do something and maybe even start a tradition. I ended up buying a hallmark voice recordable card after watching their TV commercial. I then spent a good 30 minutes trying to get R to say something nice. It was a fun-filled 30 minutes as he kept saying silly things to hear his own voice. I wanted to get him to simply say "I love you daddy". We ended up recording "I love you daddy, Good job Mommy ". For some reason he couldn't stop saying "Good job, Mommy". I thought it would be funny for daddy to hear that as well. I even managed to get R to write "Daddy" and sign his name on the insides of the card. In addition to the card I got a personalized frame saying 'You are the best Dad" with R and N's names embossed on it. On Father's day I made R give the gift bag to daddy and say
"Happy Father's Day !".

This year was also additionally special for me as my dad was spending time with us. We ended up spending the day in Napa valley where both the dad's did some wine tasting. All-in-all it was a memorable day and marked a good start to a tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Sujata,

    This is Pam. I have not had time to view your sight for a while. It is fantastic news that N is doing so well! It appears that R is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds - I knew he was little scholar! I am so happy things are going so well!
    Happy holidays to all!
    Pam McCarthy

    ReplyDelete