Thursday, January 15, 2009

Being known as R's parents

Back in November I was waiting for our big 20 week ultrasound at the clinic. Hubby was supposed to drop R to the daycare and meet me there. I remember him entering the clinic beaming with happiness. After probing a little bit he told me about this little incident that happened at R's daycare.

R's daycare needs the parents to enter an access code to enter the children's room. The code is a 5 digit number. It has been a while that R has been dialing the numbers and he now knows the numbers by heart. He now confidently walks and dials the numbers and opens the door. Today apparently a parent of a preschooler was waiting behind R. After R opened the door she looked at my husband and asked him if he was 'R'. My husband confirmed it and asked her how she knew him (he thought maybe the kid went to R's class). Turns out that all the teachers had been raving about R in other classes - as the kid who knew his alphabet, numbers and who can spell his own name! Seeing a small kid enter the numbers so fast and correctly made the parent guess that the kid was 'R' :).

It was truely a memorable moment for us - to be known as R's parents :). I guess we will have to start getting used to it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you he's a 'genius' according to N didi. :)

    ReplyDelete