During the Christmas holidays R learned how to use the laptop (the adult one :). He used to be able to do some basic navigation using the keyboard while playing on StarFall. One day we just gave him our old laptop to explore the site on his own. Within a few days he mastered the mouse control and was able to navigate and play things on his own.
One of R's teachers recommended trying out the PBS Kids website. I showed him the games for Word World and he quickly got hooked on to it. His favorite is the Dog Pit. This game has now become his new blackmail weapon for getting things done his way! I am extremely impressed by the quality of the game and the site in general and would definitely recommend giving it a shot. The only problem I see is that the site is extremely slow which sometimes does test the patience of the kids who have no idea what "loading..." in general means :)
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment